Creating optimized content regularly can aid in organic search exposure, rank, and traffic. When used together, content and SEO form a partnership that can help a website rank at the top of a search engine when they are at their best.
However, only when they are at their best.
While these two can assist your website climb the search engine rankings, they may lead to consequences, such as penalties that are nearly impossible to reverse when they are at their worst.
We’ll help you understand and learn why content is essential for SEO and what you can do to ensure that the two function together. We’ll better understand what content is, how to generate optimized content that gets you recognized by search engines, and how to create content that will help search engines see you as we progress.
What Is Content SEO?
It’s impossible to provide an exact definition for content agreed upon by all marketers. It could be seen in different forms: text, photos, videos, audio, presentations. It should be of high quality, informing, entertaining, enlightening, or teaching its intended audience.
Despite this, not all contents found online are of high quality or can be helpful; contents considered flawed are those that cannot provide relevance and usefulness.
With the information stated above, we trust that you already have an idea of what content is and understand the different forms of content that can be seen and presented.
What Is Quality Content?
Google is the largest search engine used by billions of people worldwide. According to a report by SEOtribunal.com in 2019, Google handles approximately 5.6 billion searches per day, about 3.8 searches per minute.
Since we are talking about SEO, Google might be the best basis for this question.
Founded in 1988, Sergey Brin and Larry Page started Google with a mission: to organize the world’s information and make it universally applicable. With its constantly evolving algorithm, Google aims to deliver valuable and relevant results in a fraction of a second. Moreover, these results are available throughout the world wide web.
Contents are ranked according to how relevant and valuable they are to the one performing the search. Therefore, for your content to be considered “valuable” for the SEO, it must benefit the searchers.
Google has specific recommendations when it comes to content creation. According to them, you must ensure that:
- Your content is valuable and informative. When creating content, make sure that all the details needed by the searcher are found in your content.
- It is more valuable and useful than other sites. However, you must also ensure that you offer a different perspective to the searcher and that your content can provide more value than other sites.
- Your content is credible. Your content must be backed up with credible sources, citations, studies, and research.
- It is of high quality. Your content must not be something that many websites can mass-produce. Keep in mind that your content’s goal must firstly be valuable and helpful to searchers and give them a good user experience and rank higher in search engines.
- It is engaging. Ensure that your website looks lively yet not too overdesigned. You may add images, and colors to your content, too. It is also suggested to put comment boxes to engage with the site visitors and update regularly.
By ensuring that your content has these qualities, you may maximize your content’s potential and SEO value. Conversely, your content’s value may be considered lower without these qualities.
In conclusion, quality content is helpful, informative, valuable, credible, high quality, and engaging to its intended audience.
What Makes Quality Content SEO?
Bringing out the best and making out the most of your content is essential; if you are wondering why it’s because your content will not climb up the search engine rankings. This is because content optimization begins not after you have created your content instead during the content creation itself.
How do you optimize your content? By making sure that it can provide what your intended audience needs and following the recommendations suggested previously. As said earlier, content must be helpful and relevant to the searcher if your goal as a content creator is to rank in search engines.
When it comes to SEO, the definition of quality content may be vague. However, following Google’s guidelines, we may have insight into what quality content is in search engines.
Several factors define quality content SEO:
- The content must be audience-centric. In 2016, Google released an update that caused a drastic change in rankings on a global scale. This change in Google’s ranking algorithm was due to a shift towards user intent, which means that for the search engine to consider content as high quality, it must first fulfill what its intended users need from it.
- Main Content. According to Google, the main content must successfully show the page’s purpose. Whether your main content consists only of text or a video, Google says that high-quality content takes time, effort, and expertise to craft.
- Available Supplementary Content. The main content of your page largely determines your page’s quality rating. On the other hand, supplementary is highly recommended to provide a better user experience and encourage the audience to explore the page further. These additional contents may be in the form of assistance to the user (i.e., search bar, linked articles, recommendations, etc.).
- Page layout is also an essential factor. The content of your page is necessary and how you present your content. Aside from giving your content, you must also consider the ad placement and ensure that these advertisements do not distract the users.
- Content length. There are no specific recommended lengths for contents. However, keep in mind that the topic and purpose of your page will determine whether the amount of content you have provided will be satisfying to the users.
- Expertise, Authoritativeness, and Trustworthiness. These three qualities will help your content when it comes to SEO. Not only should your content be good, but you must also be knowledgeable about the content you are doing. While some topics require high education, Google says that everyday expertise is also considered high-quality content. Developing everyday expertise involves detailed reviews, forums, and blogs.
Keeping your content high quality and optimized can drastically improve your search engine visibility. Without content optimization, your content will end up like millions of other contents found at the other O’s of Google search; only a few, if nobody, see them. If your goal is to climb up the search engine or stay at the top, continue creating optimized content.
Alignment almost always equates to the faster overall production. The project will be more successful because there will be more minor problems during initial phases like brief and approval. The content can move through the cycle more quickly, too. When you combine the team’s alignment with the current content operations platform, you can produce high-quality content much more rapidly than your competition.